Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2016- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Carbon County Room Tax Allocation Committee
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the Carbon Chamber & Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC) certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
To facilitate the effective and equitable distribution of these public funds, the CCEDC has created a Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC) comprised of the President of the CCEDC and appointed representatives.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding. In general, grant funding will be limited to not more than 50% of the total project cost.
4. CCEDC will convey the report of the Room Tax Allocation Committee to the Office of the
Carbon County Commissioners for approval, who will then forward a copy to Pocono Mountains
Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB).
5. The Carbon County Treasurer will issue checks to organizations whose projects have
been approved. These checks may be presented to representatives of the respective
organizations by the Carbon County Commissioners, RTAC and PMVB.
6. CCEDC will request from each recipient a financial summary of expenditures and information
on the project, so that is effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) can be assessed. This
information is due within 12 months of the distribution of the checks.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2016.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION